Take Agile Results to the Next Level (Day 30 of 30 Days of Getting Results)
“The true meaning of life is to give our life meaning.” — Tate T. Weber
Your Outcome: Review the basics of the Agile Results system and set the stage to take your life to the next level by exploring more of the Agile Results principles, patterns, and practices.
I wanted the end to be a good beginning … for the rest of your life. Well, here we are. It’s day 30 of 30 Days of Getting Results, based on my book Getting Results the Agile Way. It’s been 30 days since we started and you can browse all the lessons at 30 Days of Getting Results. Revisit them when you need them, or share them with friends and family to help give them the edge.
I hope one of the most important ideas that came across during our journey together is that you are your ultimate investment, throughout your life. Investing in yourself is how you turn your world around and how you turn other people’s world around. It breathes spirit into life and it’s contagious.
At the end of the day, you are the one that makes your life happen. You are the one that takes care of your business. Whether you’re getting your game on at work or taking care of your business of life, I hope that Agile results can help you succeed far beyond your wildest dreams. It’s there to enhance you and help you unleash what you’re already capable of. Everybody deserves a chance at “the good life”, and this is the ultimate toolkit that I can give you that can help you make the most of what you’ve got.
Write Your Story Forward … A Day at a Time
As a reminder of what Agile Results is, it’s a simple system for meaningful results. You can use it to step up your game and support you for the rest of your life, in everything you do. It gives you an extreme advantage by giving you state of the art practices from a variety of disciplines for improving your thinking, feeling, and doing. I know many parents who are using Agile Results to help their kids improve their focus, their energy, their time management, and basic productivity. I know companies using it to help drive change and to help build a rhythm of results for their teams. I know many people that are using Agile Results to get a new lease on life. The common theme behind the system is one simple ideas:
… Be the author of your life and write your story forward.
By using three stories to drive your day, your week, your month, and your year, you take charge of your life, and you live life on your terms. It helps you be who you want to be and create more of the experiences you want to create. By spending the right time, on the right things, the right way, with the right energy, you unlock a powerful combination for your life that unleashes your best possibilities and helps you make the most of what you’ve got.
Back to the Basics
The basics work and they’ll support you. Let’s do a quick recap:
- You can use The Rule of 3 to avoid getting overwhelmed.
- You’re the author of your life and you can write your story forward, one moment or one day at a time
- You can use three stories to drive your day and and light up your day by connecting to your values (Daily Outcomes).
- On Mondays, you can use three stories to drive your week (Monday Vision).
- On Fridays, you can use Friday Reflection to celebrate your wins and find your personal success patterns.
- You can map out what’s important in your life using Hot Spots to create a meaningful map.
- You can let things slough off with skill … no more straws breaking the camel’s back .
- You can add power hours and add creative hours to breathe life into your week and get more done, in less time, with better results.
- You can use metaphors to inspire yourself with skill and make meaning in everything you do.
- You can achieve a peaceful calm state of mind, where worries melt away, and your clarity and focus come to the forefront.
- You can setup boundaries and buffers to achieve work-life balance with skill.
- You can feel strong all week long, by playing to your strengths and spending less time in weaknesses and things that drain you.
- You can do something great and make it a month long project. Great things can happen in month-long packages, and it’s a way to rock your world, a month at a time.
Monday Vision, Daily Outcomes, Friday Reflection is the Backbone
Each day or each week is another way to get the system on your side. All you have to do is remember this simple pattern:
- Monday Vision – Identify three stories or outcomes you want for the week. This sets the stage.
- Daily Outcomes – Each day, identify three outcomes or stories that you want to achieve for the day.
- Friday Reflection – Each Friday, identify three things going well and three things to improve.
I wanted a system that was easy to adopt and immediately get the benefits, and that if I fell off, I wanted it to be easy to hop back on. The system is super simple to get back on if you fall off. On any given day, simply ask yourself, what are three outcomes you want for the day, and you’re back on saddle again.
Where to Go from Here
Oh, the places you’ll go. For your journey for the rest of your life, take the system with you and get the force on your side:
- Read the book – Getting Results the Agile Way at http://GettingResults.com
- Explore the Agile Results Knowledge Base, and be sure to browse the visuals. I find some pictures are worth a 1000 words.
- For inspiration, read the testimonials and some of the stories of adoption and real-world case studies.
If you had a chance to go through Day 27 – Do Something Great, hopefully you have something in mind that you are excited about and ready to tackle. I have something that I’ll be working on, and I’m looking forward to cranking things up.
Here’s to your success … onward and upward.
Photo by mikebaird.