“Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” — James Dean
I was trying to find ways to improve finding information on my blog. I realized that lots of people love lists, and, I have a lot of lists, but finding my lists was too much work so I tried to simplify it.
To make it easier to get to my lists, I added a “Lists” option to my top menu. It takes you to my Lists page. I have many lists including book recommendations, lessons learned from people, and favorite quotes.
I find that lists are a great way to share insights, resources, and know-how.
Here are some ideas on the ways you can use the lists:
- When you need some inspiration, browse the quotes lists and find just the right words to make your day.
- If you want some book ideas either for yourself or for a gift, try browsing some of the book recommendation lists.
- If you’re feeling stuck or need a breakthrough, try browsing the wisdom distilled in the lessons learned lists.
The point behind these lists is to empower you with insight and action for work and life. The quotes lists help you learn from the wisdom of the ages and modern sages, while the lessons learned lists are all about helping you stand on the shoulders of giants.
I’ll be looking to expand and improve my collection. Now that I’ve consolidated my lists, I can see many of the gaps and opportunities. There is always room for improvement. I’m looking forward to the endless possibilities.
Here are a few examples to start you off …
- If you want to test-drive a fun little list, try What 16 Movies Teach Us About Life and Leadership on for size.
- If you want to know which books are top reads for Microsoft’s leaders, check out 36 Best Business Books that Influenced Microsoft Leaders.
Photo by AGeekMom.