How do you motivate yourself to get back on track, deal with setbacks, or lift yourself up? Motivation is a renewable resource if you know how. There are lots of ways to motivate yourself, and the simpler, the better.
In his book, Vision: Your Pathway to Victory, I like how Gordon D’Angelo said we should motivate ourselves:
“When you are trying to motivate yourself in business or in general, you have to make a list of motivating people, motivating books, motivating phrases and other people who want to be motivated with you, who will encourage you, so you bring more of the desired result. Like vision, bring more of that energy near you to create endurance.”
Well said. And, so true. I think it’s a practice many of us use to get our mojo working or get our groove on, but I hadn’t seen it put so simply before. Motivate yourself the simple way by making lists of motivational books, motivational people, and motivational quotes. Lists are a great way to go (and grow.)
I’m a fan of examples because they can help inspire or prompt you with your own lists.
Here we go …
- Bruce Lee
- Chalene Johnson
- Guy Kawasaki
- John Maxwell
- Richard Branson
- Seth Godin
- Stephen Covey
- Tim Ferris
- Tony Robbins
- Zig Ziglar
- Achieve Anything In Just One Year, by Jason Harvey
- Be the Hero, by Noah Blumenthal
- Fat, 40 and Fired, by Nigel Marsh
- Leaving Microsoft to Change the World, by John Wood
- Not Fade Away: A Short Life Well Lived, by Laurence Shames
- Toughest Men in Sports: Looking for the Mental Edge, by Mike Chapman
- The Last Lecture, by Randy Pausch
- The Long Walk: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom, by Slavomir Rawicz
- The Raft, by Robert Trumbull
- The Undefeated Mind, by Dr. Alex Lickerman
For more motivating books, check out my Great Books page.
- “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Do the thing we fear, and death of fear is certain.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” — Proverb
- “I want to be all used up when I die.” — George Bernard Shaw
- If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” – Tony Robbins
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
- “People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.” – Anonymous
- “There is no such thing as failure. There are only results.” – Tony Robbins
- “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” – Bruce Lee
For more, check out my Motivational Quotes page.
You Might Also Like
Image by Ashtyn Renee.