“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin
As more people ask me about Agile Results, the system inside Getting Results the Agile Way, I realize I need a simple summary page.
Here it is.
What is Agile Results
Agile Results is a simple system for meaningful results.
It’s a personal results system for making the most of work and life. It’s a way to be the author of your life and write your story forward.
I created Agile Results as a way to help you do great things and to think, feel, and be your best in any situation.
Agile Results is a synthesis of best practices for time management, goals, focus, motivation, and more, as one simple system, to help you make the most of what you’ve got.
Why Agile Results
Getting results in today’s landscape is tough. Our world is changing faster than we can keep up. Worse, we don’t always have the best practices for focus, managing our time, managing our energy, or even basic productivity.
I created Agile Results as a way to put it all together and help you write your story forward:
|The Challenge||The Response|
Problems Addressed by Agile Results
Agile Results is more than just “how to manage your time.” It’s a way to think, feel, and be your best in any situation.
Here are some of the key challenges that Agile Results helps you deal with:
- How to be the author of your life and write your story forward
- How to make the most of your your moments, days, weeks, months, and years
- How to use a simple system to achieve meaningful results
- How to achieve work-life balance
- How to focus and direct your attention with skill
- How to spend more time on the things that really matter to you
- How to play to your strengths and spend less time in weaknesses
- How to motivate yourself with skill and find your drive
- How to change a habit and make it stick
- How to improve your personal productivity and personal effectiveness
Three Keys to the Agile Results System
There are three keys to the Agile Results system. Here is a mental model of the three keys:
The three keys are:
- The Rule of Three – Think in three’s. The Rule of 3 helps us deal with information overload. It’s a simple way to set limits and chunk things down. It’s easy for us to remember things in three’s.
- Monday Vision, Daily Wins, Friday Reflection – is a simple pattern for your weekly workflow. It’s a weekly system for getting results that helps you get a fresh start each day, and a fresh start each week. Each week and each day is a new chance at bat.
- Hot Spots – Hot Spots are simply areas of focus. They might represent a lot of pain, or they might represent a lot of opportunity. Either way, it’s a quick visual way to map out what’s important for you.
The weekly workflow is effectively the Monday Vision, Daily Wins, Friday Reflection pattern. Here is a way to visualize the pattern:
The workflow is very simple to follow if you remember The Rule of Three. On Mondays, think of three wins for the week. This is Monday Vision. Each day, think of three wins for that day. This is Daily Wins. On Friday, think of three things going well and three things to improve. This is Friday Reflection.
A Story-Driven Week, One Day at a Time
Another way to think of your weekly results pattern is in terms of stories. Here is a way to visualize the model:
What this means is that each week, you may have a lot of things to do, but the "art" part is about choosing what to do and achieving your wins and your meaningful results.
Rather than “call a customer back” you “win a raving fan.”
This little shift helps you connect to your work, and thrive against your challenges, and makes your results more meaningful.
Best of all, you are the author, and you write your story forward.
It’s the ultimate path of personal empowerment.
Getting Started with Agile Results
Getting Started with Agile Results is easy. Here are some key ways to get started with Agile Results:
- Invest in the book Getting Results the Agile Way on Amazon.
- Try out Getting Started with Agile Results.
- Change a habit with How To Change a Habit with Agile Results.
- Team up with a friend and pair up on a challenge.
- Share your success story by writing to GettingResultsTeam at gmail dot com.
One of the simplest ways to get started is to simply write down three wins you want for today on a piece of paper.
Just by writing down your three wins, you focused on what you want to accomplish.
You identify what’s meaningful to you, and you shift from writing down a laundry list of tasks, to a short list of meaningful results, personal wins, and worthy achievements.
You Might Also Like
Now Available: Getting Results the Agile Way on Kindle