“If you want to be successful, find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you’ll achieve the same results.” – Tony Robbins
NLP stands for “Neuro Linguistic Programming”.
You can think of NLP as an approach or methodology for rapid change, learning from others, building deep self-awareness, improving your communication with yourself and others, and learning new strategies for personal transformation and better results.
To put it another way, NLP is an approach for deep inner engineering.
The Association for NLP defines NLP as a collection of models, techniques and strategies for modeling excellence, in order to help us better understand how our thought processes and behavior, including how the language we use, influences the way we think and the results we get. Modeling excellence in any field enables us to bring about a positive change in ourselves and others.
This is a list of my favorite Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) books:
10 Best Books on Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Awaken the Giant Within : How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!, by Tony Robbins
- Beliefs: Pathways to Health and Well-Being, by Robert Dilz and Tim Hallbom
- Brilliant NLP, by David Molden and Pat Hutchinson
- Frogs Into Princes, by Bandler and Grinder
- Manage Yourself, Manage Your Life: Vital Nlp Techniques for Personal Well-Being and Professional Success, by Ian McDermott and Ian Shircore
- Metaphors We Live By, by George Lakoff and Mark Johnson
- NLP: The Essential Guide to Neuro-Linguistic Programming, by Tom Dotz, Tom Hoobyar, and Susan Sanders
- Richard Bandler’s Guide to Trance-formation: How to Harness the Power of Hypnosis to Ignite Effortless and Lasting Change, by Richard Bandler
- The Ultimate Introduction to NLP: How to build a successful life, by Richard Bandler, Alessio Roberti, and Owen Fitzpatrick
- Unlimited Power : The New Science Of Personal Achievement, by Tony Robbins
A Few More…
- 1001 Solution-Focused Questions: Handbook for Solution-Focused Interviewing, by Fredrike Bannink
- Coaching With NLP For Dummies, by Kate Burton
- NLP at Work: The Essence of Excellence, by Sue Knight
- NLP Workbook: A Practical Guide to Achieving the Results You Want, by Joseph O’Connor
- The NLP Practitioner Manual, by Peter Freeth
- Transformational NLP: A New Psychology, by Carl Buchheit and Ellie Schamber
One-Sentence Summaries on the Best NLP Books
- Awaken the Giant Within : How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!– how to create lasting change, how to improve decision making, how to change a belief, how to break limiting patterns, how to get what you really want, how to reinvent yourself, how to create a compelling future.
- Brilliant NLP: What the Most Successful People Know, Do and Say– how to discard limiting beliefs and obstructive behaviors, learn how to use NLP to become more effective, more efficient, more powerful, and more successful.
- Manage Yourself, Manage Your Life: Vital Nlp Techniques for Personal Well-Being and Professional Success – how to identify what you want, how to set clear, achievable goals, how to crate more love and happiness in your life, how to be confident and assertive, how to handle change effectively, how to improve your relationships, how to get back in control of your life.
- Unlimited Power : The New Science Of Personal Achievement– how to do, have, achieve, and create anything you want out of life, how to reprogram your mind to eliminate fears and phobias, how to fuel your body with energy, how to improve your interpersonal relationships, how to become a persuasive communicator, how to build rapport, how to model success.