“If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
Life can be a real puzzle. Especially if you don’t even know what the puzzle pieces are.
Do you know the 5 major pieces of the puzzle of life?
Lucky for us, Jim Rohn outlined the 5 major pieces of the life puzzle in his epic seminar, How To Have Your Best Year Ever.
If you don’t know Jim Rohn, he was one of the “great ones” that really advanced the personal development space.
Fun fact, Jim Rohn was also Tony Robbins mentor.
Jim Rohn was a brilliant author, inspiring speaker, and his quotes and ideas are the seeds of many personal development programs that exist today.
Let’s learn what Jim teaches us about the major pieces of the life puzzle…
The 5 Major Pieces to the Life Puzzle According to Jim Rohn
Here are the 5 major pieces of the life puzzle:
- Philosophy (Major Puzzle Piece #1)
- Attitude (Major Puzzle Piece #2)
- Action (Major Puzzle Piece #3)
- Results (Major Puzzle Piece #4)
- Lifestyle (Major Puzzle Piece #5)
Here is a brief summary of each of the 5 major puzzle pieces of life:
#1 – Philosophy (1st Major Puzzle Piece to Life)
The first major puzzle piece to life is Philosophy:
- Philosophy, the major determining factor in how your life works.
- Philosophy, to form our philosophy, you got to think, got to use your mind, got to process ideas.
#2 – Attitude (2nd Major Puzzle Piece to Life)
The second major puzzle piece to life is Attitude:
- We’re affected by how we feel. First, we’re affected by what we know, and the decisions we make.
- Second, we’re affected by attitude, how we feel.
- It’s how you feel about the past. Don’t beat yourself to death with your past—faults, failures, losses.
- Next it’s how you feel about the future.
- Next, it’s how you feel about everybody else. Got to have a good attitude about everybody else because it
takes everybody else to make a market.
#3 – Action (3rd Major Puzzle Piece to Life)
The third major puzzle piece to life is Action:
- This is the work part, the labor part. Taking action.
- And the activity is the miracle-working piece. A miracle being something we don’t quite understand how it works—doesn’t mean it doesn’t work—means we just
don’t quite understand how it works.
- Miracles work.
- Turning wisdom, from your philosophy, and inspiration—the strengthening of attitude and faith, courage, commitment, and all the stuff that comes from attitude—if you’re willing to take these two qualities, philosophy and attitude and invest it into activity. You could have a miracle.
- The only thing that performs the miracle of increase, called equity, is called putting wisdom and attitude into discipline, into labor. The two parts of labor are: One, do what you can. Number two, do the best you can.
#4 – Results (4th Major Puzzle Piece to Life)
The fourth major puzzle piece to life is Results:
- Results is the name of the game.
- We’re asked in life, simply, to make measurable progress in reasonable time.
- And if he wants a lesson in life change, all he has to do is be willing to face the numbers, and come up with the results that will teach you to either celebrate if you got good results, or fix whatever needs to be fixed in your philosophy, attitude, activity called disciplines.
- Success is a numbers game.
- Transform your life. Become cultured, powerful, sophisticated, healthy, influential, all the rest of the stuff you want.
#5—Lifestyle (5th Major Puzzle Piece to Life)
The fifth major puzzle piece to life is Lifestyle:
- Lifestyle is simply learning how to live well.
- What are results for? Here’s my ultimate challenge on results, to fashion—good word to jot down, fashion—fashion for yourself lifestyle, or what we call the “good life.”
- If you wish to be wealthy, study wealth. If you wish to be happy, study happiness.
- Happiness is a study. Happiness is a practice. Happiness is an art. It’s not an accident. It’s an art. And anybody that wants to can study, practice the art of happy living.
- Don’t be lazy in learning and practicing the art of economics, practicing the art of productivity, and practicing the art of lifestyle.
- If you’re looking for equities unmatched, do not curse the only thing you have. Don’t complain about the only thing you have, which is seed, and soil, sunshine, rain, miracle, and seasons. But start changing and processing and evaluating things like recovering today. And this process of change will take off for you.
How Can You Use the 5 Major Pieces to the Life Puzzle?
You can use the 5 major pieces to the life puzzle to guide your personal development and ground your growth in the big areas of life that matter.
Jim Rohn was relentless about results.
And he believed that people can achieve amazing things when they grow themselves in the right way.
Based on all of his experience at the time, these 5 areas of life were the key to winning the game of life.
Maybe one of these puzzle pieces can help you unlock your greatest potential.
Full Transcript of How To Have Your Best Year Ever
The folks at Spread Great Ideas.org have provided a full transcript of Jim Rohn’s epic seminar:
Enjoy the full transcript, it’s free.
Jim Rohn’s Book – The Five Major Pieces of the Life Puzzle
The 5 Major Pieces of the Life Puzzle, by Jim Rohn is available on Amazon.
Call to Action
- Review the 5 major pieces of the life puzzle
- Read the full transcript of How To Have Your Best Year Ever
- Explore the big ideas further in Jim’s book, The Five Major Pieces to the Life Puzzle
You Might Also Like
Personal Development Hub
3 Great Metaphors for Work and Life
3 Paths to a Happy Life
10 Powerful Questions that Help You Design a Great Life
101 of the Greatest Insights and Actions for Work and Life
Choose to Remember the Beauty in Life
How To Change Your Life in 30 Seconds
The 25 Best Books that Changed My Life
Zig Ziglar on What Life is Like at the Top